Monday 30 January 2017

Mother Earth

The Earth birthed me with
The soft white snow
Of an angel
I fluttered gently to her
Beneath a wintry sky


I used to laugh
Laugh like a twirling snowflake
And sleep to the lullaby
Of her swaying pine trees
She laid me to sleep
On her bed of soft tundra
She always cushioned
The child of my past


But I
Was blinded by a white mist
Of naive devotion


And I began to fall
From the gravity of her
Disappointment


She muddied
My white wings
Because I refused
To become an extension
Of her frozen lakes


Her skies enraged
With storms
That dragged me
Into her molten core
To shatter my bones
Made of fragile icicles


She erupted with
Explosive volcanoes
A flurry of ash covered hands
Dirtied my crystalline heart
My childhood melted
Faster than snow


Her soot
Stung my eyes
With gray images
Streaked by the blurred colors
Of a blue and red siren
The screams of bruising skin
Scoured valleys into my ears


Her twisted love is coated
With layers of warm sweetness
It melts on my tongue
Leaving behind a
Hollow aftertaste
Of bitter hatred


My limbs
My bones
My heart
Freeze with fury
At her deceit


Her inflamed wrath
Set my wings ablaze
I bleed ice
From shards
Of broken promises


I've learned
To grow frost
Over open wounds
And shoot frozen shrapnel
At her torrent of accusations


I am a fallen snow angel
Ravaged
By Mother Earth's blizzard of ash
I crash to the ground
To dream soot stained nightmares

No comments :

Post a Comment