Saturday 30 July 2016

Review: Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy

Side Effects May Vary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay, this was pretty darn good. Contemporary novels aren't really my thing. But, I really enjoyed this. The romance isn't really romance, it's chaos spurned from a girl that is so afraid of being hurt that she absorbs everyone's affection but gives none in return.

Alice is a MEAN person, but I don't hate her. I have no sympathy for her either, all her problems are fuelled by her own mistakes. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes, but making them and then denying them will get no empathy from me. I did like her character though, very realistic. Even the bullies aren't really evil, they too, are simply human.

My favorite character is definitely Deborah. She looks like a shy nerd, but damn, she is no pushover.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment