Tuesday 2 August 2016

Review: The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson

The Vanishing Season
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, this is such a sad melancholic book.

Pay close attention to the lessons in this book, it's trying to teach you something. You know what it is, we all know what it is. But, for some reason, these lessons are something we can't truly understand till after we are dead. It's like a word on the tip of your tongue, that's what the lesson feels like. As if you know what the ghost in the story is telling you, but you can't quite reach it.

As other reviewers have mentioned, nothing happens in this book. Nothing. The entire book is like a single fleeting thought. Just like life, and time. But it is so, so important.

Don't ask me what the lesson is, because even I can't quite understand it yet. Any analysis or evaluation of the messages within this book has turned into emotions I can't understand, completely intangible things, yet there all the same. I do know one thing, this book has increased my appreciation for life tenfold.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment