Monday 29 August 2016

Review: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Boy, oh, boy.

I did not see that coming.

I listened to the audiobook of this, the narrator was great, and I loved listening to him switch to different British accents.

The plot of this book was great, the plot twists were even better. I was sitting in a Chinese restaurant eating soup, and when the plot twist hit me I pretty much screamed in front of everyone, drew quite a few suspicious glances haha.

The main protagonist is fantastic, probably one of the most clever protagonists I've read about so far. I won't say anything else about him as it would be a major spoiler. But, you'll definitely be punching yourself for not having figured it out earlier.

Oh right, I should probably mention what this book is actually about.
A young orphan boy named Sage is taken (against his will) by Conner. Conner is a nobleman plotting to place a false prince of his own choosing on the Carthian throne. Sage and three other boys are taken to his estate where they will learn everything they can about being a prince in the span of two weeks. At the end of the two weeks, one boy will be chosen by Conner, while the other three boys that are not chosen will probably meet an unpleasant fate.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment