Monday 29 August 2016

Review: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brandon Sanderson got me into the epic fantasy genre, so of course I could count on him to engage me during a reading slump. Seriously, he has never failed to wow me, other than Way of Kings (which I actually ran out of time since it was due at the library) which I'll be rereading.

The beginning was a little slow, and I have to admit that I went into it thinking, "But, it's just a bunch of chalk drawings, there's nothing exciting about that." Once I got to the end though... Boy, I don't think I've ever felt so excited for a sport/duel. I won't say more than that, it'll be a spoiler.

The protaganists felt kind of mediocre at the beginning, but they actually grow on you slowly. So, no complaints there.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment